HOW IT WORKS
- Each musher will be assigned a grade in the order that they were registered for the race.
- The teacher from each class will be presented with a bio on the musher that is representing them, which will include info about were they are from and race experience as well as why they started mushing dogs. The students and teachers will all receive an HBQ poster as well as a HBQ wrist band with the HBQ website address on it.
- The students will be encouraged to be at the start/finish line of the race to cheer on their musher and also be given instructions on how to follow their musher on the website and also on the Facebook page of the HBQ at home with their parents.
- A donation will be presented to the winner’s assigned classes in Churchill and Gillam of $250.00 each to be used at their discretion. This will be done at an assembly in Churchill on Monday if the race goes as planned.
- We would like to get a picture of the students from the classroom of the winning musher for the website. This will probably involve having permission slips go out to all classrooms in Gillam and Churchill.